WE ARE THRILLED TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO PORT ALBERNI’S LARGEST ANNUAL BUSINESS EVENT – THE COMMUNITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS.
Last held in April of 2019 in front of 240 people at the Italian Hall this years’ event (June 17/22) will be held outside in an area consisting of near 35 acres of pristine forested land. That’s right! We’re hosting the event alongside our Sponsors at the McLean Mill National Historic Site on what we’ve heard will be a beautiful Spring evening in June (farmer’s almanac).
- Business Awards are open any local business, organization, enterprise or NFP located in the Alberni Valley.
- Businesses nominated should have been in business for at least one year however exceptions may be considered.
- The Rising Star category is best suited for newer businesses; ie: any business in operation less than 5 years and more than 1 year.
- Past years award winners cannot repeat in the same category for at least three years. Please see our website for a listing of winners in each category 2016 – 2019.
- Nominations will receive a higher level of interest if coming from a third party. That noted it is acceptable to self-nominate.
- Self-nominations for businesses directly linked to the Chamber of Commerce will not be accepted. In such cases only 3rd party nominations will be considered.
- Award categories aimed at individuals are to be for residents of the Alberni Valley. No other nominations will be accepted.
- Please provide us with a summary of 200 – 500 words explaining the specific reason for the nomination. Our selection committee will look more favourably at nominations with supporting reasons.